Monday, January 10, 2011

Still Here

So, it's the tenth day of 2011, and I'm still at home - no job - just trying to figure out what I should be doing.  Last night my husband told me, "If it were me, I'd be doing a lot more than just sitting at the computer all day."  Really?  Show me one place of business these days that wants you to come in, disrupt their day, and ask if they're hiring.  Most of the postings online specifically say, "No phone calls", "Do not contact poster", "Email resumes". 

Having been in the work force, getting phone calls as to whether or not we were hiring, I know that phone answerers are trained to tell the callers to feel free and fill out an online application or send in your resume and we'll look it over, blah, blah, blah.  Believe me, if I were a salesman and got paid to take people golfing and to lunch and network, I probably wouldn't have to do it all via computer.  I might not ever have to actually try to get hired.  I'd just casually (as my husband has done for his past two jobs) say, "Hey, if you hear of anything coming down the pipeline, let me know, Buddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment